[blindkid] Pairing a Focus 40 to a Macintosh

IftheShew Fits barnesraiser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:21:18 UTC 2013

I'm sorry that I can't offer any technical help for the question posed, but
I have one of my own! :) We have successfully paired the Focus 40 with an
iPad but we run into a goofy issue when reading books from Read2Go. When my
son reaches the end of the page, the button he uses to advance a line
suddenly goes to "previous page." So in mid- sentence (or whatever is at
the end of that page of text) he reads "previous page" ...he then realizes
what has happened and with a series of button pushes (I'm not sure which
ones, but several button pushes) he is able to get it to the next page.
However, it's at the end of the page, and I have to touch the first line on
the next page to get it to start again at the top.

This seems really unworkable. He is 11 and we are doing shared reading much
of the time (which is why having the print on screen is so helpful) but
eventually he should be able to be entirely independent. This appears
impossible, as a sighted response is needed with each page turn.

We've had similar navigational problems with books from Kindle and other
apps as well. :(

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:) Carolynn, aka Brian's mom