[blindkid] Guided running techniques for blind grade-school kids

Pat Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Fri Apr 11 02:38:30 UTC 2014

We use (or rather my daughter and husband use) a rubber exercise band. They
are not very expensive, and can be found in the sports section of Walmart or
Target, etc. The bands are long enough to tie a loop at each end, to make it
easier to hang on to, and they are of course stretchy so there can be a
little give between the guide and the blind person. My daughter used this
technique also in cross-country races.
Pat