[blindkid] FW: FW: Peditricians Recommend Later Start Times for Middle and High-School Students

IftheShew Fits barnesraiser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:08:50 UTC 2014

I think enough rest is critical, and that while some kids may just stay up
later, others will use the time to get more sleep which they need. Making a
later start time also creates the possibility of getting more sleep an
option, where it might not exist otherwise, which would be helpful to some
and maybe most.

It really depends on what is meant by "later" and "earlier" and the article
states that pediatricians are recommending a start of no earlier than 8:30
a.m. Personally, I don't think that's outrageously late, and some schools
are starting *really* early. Is this to accommodate after school
activities? I'm not sure... Anyway, I rather agree with the pediatricians.
Just my two cents! :)