[blindkid] Sleep pattern for blind 5 month old

lburns24 at yahoo.com lburns24 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 02:18:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
This is just my opinion and what worked for me. My blind daughter slept 12 to 13 hours a night and 2 to 3 hours of naps during day, but so did my other children. As for any child,  blind or not, I believe a schedule and routine is key. I would do "nighttime" activities every night around 630, bath lotion reading, etc and put to bed by 7. She slept all night then up at 7 daily no matter what and morning activities.  Say good morning,  time to wake up, wash face, etc.  Then daily feeding and naps were the same everyday. She did go through a few weeks where she was sleeping more in the day and I thought that was a little off, but she was on medication that we decided to switch and it worked, you said your daughter had no medical issues. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but good luck. Laurie

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android