[blindkid] Summary of Performance in Exit IEP - (SOP)

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 1 15:04:29 UTC 2014

Thank you so much for this information Lydia.
On Tue, 7/1/14, Lydia Anne Schuck via blindkid <blindkid at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Subject: [blindkid]  Summary of Performance in Exit IEP - (SOP)
 To: "blindkid Question" <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
 Cc: "blindkid Question" <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
 Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014, 10:54 AM

 Hello Bo and other list friends:

 I am the mom of a blind young adult and also happen to be a
 transition geek.  Here is a link to AHEAD, which is the
 association of professionals who provide services to college
 students with disabilities.
 http://www.ahead.org/resources/idea/introduction#1
 This link will take you to a helpful page regarding the
 summary of performance. Some states have a template that is
 used for the SOP.  You may want to check on that, and
 also, if you know your child's next educational setting, ask
 the folks there what information would be helpful to
 them.  There are time limits on what is considered
 valid testing, etc.

 Lydia Schuck, MSEd
 Research Associate, National Secondary Transition Technical
 Assistance Center
 Western Michigan University
 1908 W. Michigan Avenue, Mailstop 5259
 Kalamazoo, MI  49008