[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 121, Issue 21

lmoon66@yahoo.com via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 14:07:47 UTC 2014

What does the state law mandate in regard to the legal definition of blindness?  Minnesota Blind Person Literacy Act has three criteria.  1) corrected vision 20/200 in better eye, 2) restricted vision field less than 20 degrees, 3) deteriorating eye condition.

We are going through due process with our district and these requirements are being tested.  Our son is also a dual reader.  He meets the legal requirements and the school has spent quota funds on him.

Lisa

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android