[blindkid] Int'l travel

Traci W via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 18:22:36 UTC 2014

I have an opportunity to go to Abu Dhabi with work in December and wanted to take my daughter 9, vi, with me. My mom has been there and has a friend that lives there and she would meet me and watch her while I am in meetings. I know the Middle East isn't the best destination but this area is very touristy and lots of ex-pats from Europe that live there.  My concern is over having a child with a disability traveling there. I know women are treated more like property in this area of the world but I dont want to invite more problems by bringing her along. Has anyone, blind or VI, travelled to this area if the world and had any advice or suggestions?

Thanks
Traci

Sent from my iPhone