[blindkid] Fervor

Lalena Fayre lalenas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:57:43 UTC 2014

 Carlton
The point of fervor is certainly to ignite a moment of action. Once that moment has happened, fervor changes to ensure that the fire doesn't go cold and to hold leadership accountable. Having continued to read the list, I didn't see any actions that have been taken, transparency or consensus building doesn't seem to be of value.

Convention is not approaching, it is next July, 9 months away! In the meantime myself and countless other families with children who have severe developmental delays and are also blind continue to survive each day. We focus on that day and not a 4 day conference 9 months from now that many of us can't afford to go to and if we do child care is incapable of accommodating our children. Even if no particular decisions have been made at least offer transparency and lift up some of the initial ideas so we know what's happening.

I did seek support and from several I received it but from many others I was blamed for not being more involved with the NOPBC and blamed for not being able to form my own subdivision advocacy group. So I appreciate your encouragement but it feels quite hallow.

Perhaps 9 months from now when convention comes this will all change. In the meantime, the status quo will remain.

If anyone actually decides to do anything before the magical 4 days in July, please do let me know.

Lalena

Sent from myMail for iOS