[blindkid] Treasure Coast Chapter news

Doreen Franklin doreenproverbs3 at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 25 15:50:51 UTC 2014

Good morning all,

The St Lucie Chapter of National Federation of the Blind has changed its name to the Treasure Coast Chapter of National Federation of the Blind. The Treasure Coast Chapter serves Indian River, St Lucie, Martin & Okeechobee Counties. Come join the Treasure Coast Chapter of NFB for its next monthly meeting on Tuesday, November 11th from 11:00-1:30 at WQCS Radio Station @ IRSC, 3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce. Cathy-Alice Koyanagi, social worker from the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches, will join our Chapter to discuss issues she faced and how she and the Lighthouse can help others. Please RSVP to Tim Edwards, President of the Chapter, at 630-432-5090  or tred34990 at bellsouth.net.

Mark your calendarsfor the upcoming meetings on December 9, 2014 and January 13, 2015.

Come check us out & see what the Treasure Coast Chapter of National Federation of the Blind is all about!!! If you have any questions, please call Tim Edwards, President, at 630-432-5090.

Doreen Franklin
Secretary, Treasure Coast Chapter
National Federation of the Blind
772-284-4458

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines a person or our future. Every day, NFB raises the expectations of people who are blind because low expectations create obstacles between people who are blind and  our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.