[blindkid] First-grade art

Brandy W., with Discovery Toys ballstobooks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:40:00 UTC 2014

She needs to modify the project the other kids are doing, so if they paint
she should paint, if they are coloring she should use the wicky sticks to
make a design and color it. Give her objects to look at and try to
replicate. Let her use clay, get a drawing board that makes raised lines
when drawn on. Get the reactive paper that one can draw on with any marker
and it raises up. Teach her to cut on folded lines. Teach her the
information of colors and what goes well together. Don't only count on
scented markers, but let her experience all the mediums her peers are using
and label them so she knows she is using a red crayon. Most of all focus on
the process not the final product.