[blindkid] Online Accessibility in College

EMMOL at aol.com EMMOL at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 13:33:54 UTC 2015

Shellie,
I suggest that your daughter speak with the Disabilities Office at her
school.
They will be in touch with professors if materials are not accessible. She
should of course speak with the professors to make them aware, but  the
Disabilities Office will assist with the accessibility  piece.

I am wondering what screen reader she uses. My son is a senior in college.
His school uses Blackboard, as well, but he uses Jaws.

My daughter works in the Disabilities Office at another University and
finds that Kurzweil has difficulty reading materials that professors have photo
 copied, scanned and then upload. Also if they've designed a worksheet
using Word  it isn't necessarily screen reader accessible. They may not realize
this or  understand.

All materials must be accessible, so I suggest she go back to the
Disabilities Office.
Eileen Molloy