[blindkid] Braille note or BrailleSense?

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 19:33:30 UTC 2015

My teenage  daughter uses the Apex but she has never used the BrailleSense.  As a TVI, I know the push for the BrailleSense is so that sighted teachers can see what the student is writing.  (As a blind TVI, that never was a pressing point for me.)  I have one student who uses the Apex but mainly for communication since he has a paralyzed vocal cord.  At this time, I don't have any other students using electronic Braille note taking devices.  My daughter did 'play around' with the BrailleSense but ended up liking the Apex better.  Perhaps an option would be to go to an NFB National Convention or the National Center in Baltimore  and experiment with both?  Sometimes, the commission nearby or one of their counselors may have both where one can experiment with them.