[blindkid] Braces

Melissa Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Mar 31 18:13:26 UTC 2015

No, I think wanting your daughter to have straight teeth is absolutely fine.
I appreciate you not wanting her to stick out even more, but, I would say
three things to you. First, braces are temporary. They will be off in a few
years--maybe less--and then this particular phase of her life will be over.
Second, so many teens have braces that, although I am sure the teens
themselves believe this makes them stick out, I really don't think that is
true. It's not as if she will have anything different in her mouth than any
of the other kids at her school who have braces. Third, as you said, this
will become a necessity in a couple of years anyway, so I think taking care
of it now makes sense, and is the smart thing to do. Good luck to both of
you!
Melissa