[blindkid] My Technology Journey

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Sep 14 14:38:47 UTC 2015

Please remember that if the students at your children's schools are
creating slides, complex documents and using Google Drive your child
should not be excluded from these learning opportunities.  These
skills will be absolutely critical in high school, college and beyond.

I attended school in the distant past.  In 7th grade my classmates
learned the process of completing a research paper.  At the time, I
needed sighted assistance to do this so the school and Mom decided I
did not need to do this assignment.  Fast forward to college.  In my
first semester at college I decided to obtain my degree in history and
become a secondary school social studies teacher.  Well, sadly, I
never learned to complete a research paper and one semester I had 35
pages of research papers to complete and still needed sighted
assistance to complete the work.  I really struggled because I did not
learn those skills.  Please make sure your students have the skills
they will need.  You are their best advocate right now.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053