[blindlaw] New guy

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Nov 6 00:35:20 UTC 2008

Tim:

Each state vocational rehabilitation agency is required to have in place
an ability to grant exceptions or waivers to policies that arbitrarily
limit the kinds of services that can be included in an individualized
plan for employment, such as a rule that an agency will not pay for
graduate school.

However, it does not sound like that is the stumbling block you are
facing, rather it sounds like your vocational rehabilitation counselor
has rejected your employment goal, in which case it seems that you need
to go through the appeal process, which the agency is also required to
have in place and should be on its website or in its policies or rules.

Noel nightingale
 Seattle, Washington