[blindlaw] Bar Review Materials

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 01:52:20 UTC 2008

John: You should be made aware that all standardized testing companies will
tell the school what type of accessibility device you use when taking the
test.  This is how colleges can find out who is disabled and who is not when
determining how many people it should accept to the university.  It is
against the law for them to ask you if you are disabled so they get the
information from the testing facility and make that law completely useless.

 So you are in a difficult position, trying to find an accessible law
program and still have to deal with the prospects that a college will only
accept the candidates that meet their quote for the blind's percentage of
the population.  So for schools that are particuarly friendly to the blind,
they have more competition.

I think that we should get rid of this loophole so that colleges accept
people without knowing if they are blind or not so that admissions will not
be based on population size but on merit.

James Pepper