[blindlaw] Bar Review Materials

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 04:41:16 UTC 2008

I took the Bar Exam two years ago.  I registered for and took  BarBri, which
worked out very well.  They provided me with all the course  materials in
electronic format, though it was WordPerfect.  Such files can  be easily converted
to Word format though, so don't let that be a  deterrent.   I physically
attended all of the classes, and I highly  recommend you do the same.  The
instructors give all kinds of useful tips  that don't appear in the written
materials.  I actually could hear the  ConLaw and CivPro professors in my head during
the exam, and I know I did better  because of it.  They also have an Ipod
upgrade option, so you pay a little  more and receive an Ipod with the lectures
already programmed onto it.  I  also opted for this, and it helped when I had to
miss a physical lecture or  needed to go over some material more thoroughly.
But this is not an Ipod  you can sync with your computer or ITunes, as it will
wipe itself if you  do.  If you can figure out a way to access it, it's
great.  If not,  it'd be a waste of money.  For me, I put it under a CCTV and
selected the  lectures I needed for that day.  Or, you can just start it playing
and move  forward until you find the lecture you want by listening for it.

I registered for PMBR, but I didn't go to the lectures because of a family
emergency.  But I did use the materials they sent, which took the format of
electronic documents sent to me on a CD.  This was most useful for the  practice
exams and question bank.  If you want to study for the MBE only,  PMBR might
be a better bet, as it is much cheaper than BarBri.  If you're  taking an
entire exam, I highly recommend BarBri.

Feel free to email me off-list if you would like to chat with someone who's
done it before.  _aznor99 at aol.com_ (mailto:aznor99 at aol.com) .  Good luck.

Ronza

In a message dated 11/9/2008 11:07:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,