[blindlaw] Testing accommodations

James Weisberg theweisberggroup at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 23:47:18 UTC 2008

Testing accommodations from the Cal Bar?  Enjoy the experience, I wish
you luck.  Some advice:  submit your request as early as possible to
avoid the tired technique of providing your accommodation letter when
it's too close to exam time to appeal their decision.  Make part of
your accommodation request the need to use the Pac Mate as "part of"
your adaptive equipment.  This way they have to figure out how you
will submit your answers.  I used a laptop and JAWS and the Bar
provided me diskettes.  One final caveat, sometime prior to the exam
you should contact someone by phone to confirm your materials will be
available in electronic format (If necessary) so you don't show up on
day one to discover there are no materials as requested but instead a
dyslexic reader.  Again, good luck.

James