[blindlaw] Testing accommodations

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Sat Nov 15 15:59:41 UTC 2008

Hi John:

How did you handle the multiple choice questions? Did you get the test in
braille, electronic format, or use a reader?

It would be nice if blind people could just type our multiple choic
answers instead of using a scribe. But to my knowledge, that's never been
done before.

My main concern is being allowed to use my Pac Mate. If I call it a
"Braille laptop (since they understand what a laptop does), I run the risk
of them asking me to use ExamSoft. If I tell them I need to use a Braille
notetaker, I run the risk of them denying me because they won't know
what a notetaker is.