[blindlaw] is their any laws on visually impaired signs

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon Oct 27 14:31:29 UTC 2008

Hi Jo,
Thanks for the very interesting question.
We need to understand whether you wish to have signage to indicate the
name of the street or you wish to have signage indicating that a blind
or visually impaired person lives in the neighborhood. In both cases
your county department which takes care of the roads has a person to
deal with such issues.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Information & Referral unit
Department of Health & human services
401 Hungerford Drive (1st floor)
Rockville MD 20850
Phone 240-777-1245 (info line)
240-777-1556 (personal line)
Fax: 240-777-4636
TTY: 240-777-1295

Office hours 8:30 am to 5:00 pm

Languages English, Hindi, Urdu

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.