[blindlaw] LSAT Accommodations

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 19:15:44 UTC 2009

Joe,

I had that problem as well.  I had my eye doctor write a letter that  my
vision hadn't changed since birth and would not change.  I also had my
college DSS Office write a letter indicating that they determined which
accommodations I'd receive based on previous IEPs but that those IEPs were no  longer
available.  Finally, I had my Vocational Rehab Counselor write a  letter
explaining which accommodations I needed and why along with my IPE.   And then
I wrote a cover letter explaining that my disability was not
psychological, it was sensory, and that that was all the information they were  going to
get.  I actually got an apology letter from the LSAT people  afterwards
explaining that they have to be thorough for learning and cognitive
disabilities, which sometimes do change year to year.

If there's a phone number, I suggest you call them and explain that you
can't supply IEPs, etc., and that blindness accommodations for you haven't
changed.

Good luck.
Ronza

In a message dated 8/21/2009 2:49:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,