[blindlaw] Question About Rental Discrimination

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:18:56 UTC 2009

Good morning and happy Saturday to all.

I recently spoke with a gentleman who owns duplexes for rent.  When we
talked about my renting one, he only asked me about how I could live alone
while being blind.  He also asked, "If there is a fire, how will you get
out?"  "Why do you live alone?"

There were absolutely no questions about my rental history, income, etc.

Needless to say, he told me to call him back in a couple days.  He has not
returned my call.  I understand that this is his property to rent as he
chooses, but does this smell like rental discrimination?  Any suggestions as
to how I should proceed?

Thanks!