[blindlaw] Question About Rental Discrimination

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 29 17:42:27 UTC 2009

There are many private landlords that have never dealt with a blind tenant
or a blind person for that matter and are in awe that a blind person can do
anything independently. Just because he asks questions about your ability to
function in certain situations is not cause in itself for discrimination. On
the other hand however it is not good practice for a landlord to ask such
questions and if he does not rent to you in the future it could constitute a
violation of the U.S. Fair Housing Act.
Chuck