[blindlaw] Question About Rental Discrimination

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 31 20:43:20 UTC 2009

I'm sorry if I said something that was mistaken.  I was born blind,
and I am prone to shun people who seem to have prejudices.  Thus, I am
not constantly exposed to these myths, nor am I so preoccupied with my
blindness that I could recognize a myth if one were to rear its head
during the course of my day.  Indeed, often I have to search my mind
to figure out what someone is talking to when they engage in this sort
of mythical approach to me.  I didn't mean to imply that the landlord
was mentally ill for asking questions about blindness.  However, I
don't see the relationship between blindness and increased fire
hazard, so I wouldn't know how to answer such a question.  If he were
to ask me how I will find the house, I might understand the question
as one concerning me as a blind person.  HOwever, since I don't think
of myself as a blind person, but rather as a person whose inability to
physically see sometimes needs to be worked around, again, I have a
hard time switching gears to the mind-set that the eyes not working is
the *ONLY* thing someone perceives, or at least, by far, the most
impacting.

You're right, though; we're drifting from the list goals.
Mark BurningHawk
stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
Home:  Http://MarkBurningHawk.net/