[blindlaw] ADA and Air Travel

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 2 00:12:59 UTC 2009

Hi -
I would go on to add only one or two  observations here - first, it helps to
call and remind the air carrier of your pre-arrangements. Sometimes they
just plain misplace them or forget.
Second, I have much better luck dealing with my air carrier rather than
asking the T S A for any kind of help in any way.
I have found that old joke of: "T S A stands for "thousands standing
around"" to be, sadly, accurate at times. It is not their job to help
disabled passengers and they make certain that they do their job.
 I travel alone by air a lot and find the airlines to be pretty good about
things. Having said this, I don't trust them to be flawless.