[blindlaw] job discrimination

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:25:09 UTC 2009

I heard specifically SSI and SSDI.  I haven't heard that all people
receiving social security do.  I am considered a "disabled child
adult" receiving social security through my deceased father.  From
what I understand about this (which isn't much, because frankly the
SSA people I've talked to don't understand this either), MOST of what
benefits exist for the blind--such as employment incentives--just do
not exist for me.

Lack of understanding on their part has resulted in penalties on my
part in the form of withholdings to undo their mistakes, and I am
warned that if I make even as much as part-time minimum wage I will
quickly lose all social security and medicare benefits as well.
(That situation has also gotten messed up..)

Jim, can you shed some light on this by chance?  I can't get one from
the SSA.

Joseph