[blindlaw] Homework Accessibility?

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Sat Feb 28 00:40:59 UTC 2009

Lucy:

As a general rule, all recipients of federal financial assistance, like school districts, are required by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act to make their programs and activities accessible.  The complexity comes in applying the general rule to specific cases.  I suggest that you call the U.S. Department of Education Office for civil Rights assigned to your state, which can be found by going to its website at www.ed.gov/ocr.  You can discuss your specific circumstances with that office.

Noel Nightingale