[blindlaw] Fw:AccommodationandComplianceseries:TheADAAmendmentsAct of 2008

KEITH VICK keith-vick at msn.com
Mon Jan 5 16:18:41 UTC 2009

Hi List Members, I believe that New York has a statute that disallows a claim of negligence based on failure to use a cane. This may be the case in other states. Also, as someone who has had the privilege of training in aikido and brazilian jiu jitsu I find the concept of martial arts training as a recognized adaptive method rather amusing and highly speculative. However, I do admit that the training has helped me adjust to my progressively worsening vision mostly because the arts trains one to deal with unexpected movements against ones body - a rather common occurrence in the subways of New York city. Warmest regards, Keith Vick