[blindlaw] laptop for the bar

Jack Chen jackchenonline at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:34:50 UTC 2009

Rod

I have had good experiences with Thinkpads and their reliability.  I took
the NY and NJ bars with one.  If you do decide to get one, I recommend
asking for Windows XP as my experiences with Jaws and Vista have been pretty
dismal in terms of Jaws crashing randomly and complaining that my license
has expired (even though I have a fully authorized version).

One other option you might try is to use an external USB keyboard for typing
as I find them to be faster than the cramped keyboards on laptops.  Check
with the bar examiners before you rely on an external keyboard though.