[blindlaw] Question

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:54:24 UTC 2009

Tell them to send the file in the original format.  They had to create the
file, most likely in Microsoft Word and then they converted that into a PDF
file.  Just tell them to send the original document.  If they made the
document using Adobe InDesign, then yes, you are better off scanning it
again, as InDesign makes text all one word.

The problem with scanning a PDf file is that the OCR does not catch
everything and so you are left tryign to figure out what the content is
after you scan it.   That is not your responsibility.

If you send it to me I can change it for you how long is it?

Acrobat Pro has OCR that works fine.
James Pepper