[blindlaw] The Census does not track the blind

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 7 18:24:15 UTC 2009

Hello:

     I believe that the U.S. Census did at one time track the number of
blind individuals. I am of the opinion that the way to get the number of
blind people counted would be to get a bill passed by Congress. Perhaps some
sort of section where a variety of disabilities are listed and head of
household or whoever fills out the census is instructed to "check all that
apply". This would give the various groups of disabled people accurate data.

Regards,

Robert