[blindlaw] The Census does not track the blind

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:10:19 UTC 2009

Yeah, but unless all of the data measures a thing, none of it does.
That's how statistics work.  Community Organizers are hard at work
here in Oregon and at least the three major cities in Oregon (plus my
little town) have been canvased.

Right-leaning boards and blogs have been abuzz for months with
bellyaching about important-acting people with badges and everything
trying to count every single politically advantageous person to the
left a year early and not taking "Come back in 2010" for an answer.

Left-leaning boards and blogs have had little complaint.  Of course,
this is one of those metrics upon which I imagine the politically
polarized are equal opportunity whiners.  The roles would be reversed
if Sen. McCain had won.

Joseph