[blindlaw] FW: Law Students Report Positive Reaction to No-Laptop Policy, ABA Journal, March 5, 2009

Locke Milholland lmilholland at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 01:00:06 UTC 2009

I went to a law school with roughly 120 students per class.  I had a few
professors with a no laptop policy.  With the professors, my typical
accommodation request went something like, "Professor, do you mind if I use
my laptop?"
The professor would reply, "Of course not."

There are two policies, the public one is students interact better when they
aren't taking dictation style notes.

The second one is, students perform better when they aren't playing
solitaire during class.

We did have one student make the unfortunate mistake of emailing the
professor, as if she weren't in class at the moment, while the professor was
giving a powerpoint presentation, and had his email program running in the
background.  He read it for the class.
Locke