[blindlaw] Multiple LSAT Scores

McCarthy, Jim JMcCarthy at nfb.org
Sun Mar 15 19:43:17 UTC 2009

I take Craig's point, but  I do think that the logic games or whatever
they are called may actually measure one's ability to apply conditions.
And though I hated those questions and found them difficult as a blind
person not to mention just weird, I think that properly using conditions
may be a valuable thing to do in law school and beyond as a lawyer.

Now to the real point though, I imagine that regardless what the studies
say about the predictive power of the LSAT, the one thing it possibly
can do is rank candidates.  There is so much variability among the
higher education institutions of this country that grades are probably
somewhat meaningless because we really don't know what kind of effort a
student must put forward to get a particular grade at any particular
institution.  The possible answer to this is to make us all take the
same dull test and compare us that way.