[blindlaw] FW: 3D News & Notes

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon May 11 17:12:41 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: CMPDL's Disability Discussion Docket (3D) [mailto:CMPDL-3D at MAIL.ABANET.ORG] On Behalf Of Phelan, William
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 5:34 AM
To: CMPDL-3D at MAIL.ABANET.ORG
Subject: 3D News & Notes

Hello members of 3D,

In order to both update and educate, every now and then I will send out information regarding the Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law and the Disability Discussion Docket (3D):

 *   Only 5 days left to submit a scholarship application for the Second ABA National Conference on the Employment of Lawyers with Disabilities. Knowing we are tough economic times, the Commission will select several deserving lawyers or law students with disabilities to receive free lodging and registration for the Conference! (http://new.abanet.org/calendar/2nd-National-Conference-on-Employment-of-Lawyers-with-Disabilities/Pages/ScholarshipInformation.aspx)
 *   The Commission has recently redesigned its website! The new look has a more streamlined feel. E-mail Bill at phelanw at staff.abanet.org<mailto:phelanw at staff.abanet.org> with your thoughts and comments. (http://www.abanet.org/disability)
 *   Know a lawyer with a disability who deserves applause? Suggest him or her to be given the ABA Lawyer Spotlight. We are currently seeking nominations for the Lawyer Spotlight. (http://www.abanet.org/disability/spotlight/suggest.shtml)
 *   Each month a selection from the Mental and Physical Disability Law Digest will be available for free on the Commission's website! (http://www.abanet.org/disability). This month's selection is on community based care. If you want to see a specific topic featured in June, send your suggestion to the Commission. (http://www.abanet.org/disability/publications/lawdigest/suggest.shtml)
 *   Don't forget to register for the Second ABA National Conference on the Employment of Lawyers with Disabilities. (http://new.abanet.org/calendar/2nd-National-Conference-on-Employment-of-Lawyers-with-Disabilities/Pages/default.aspx)
 *   3D Posting Reminders
    *   Be sure to sign your full name to each post.
    *   When replying, be sure to use the "reply all" function. When you use the "reply" function, it will only go to 3D, and not 3D along with the original sender. If your reply does not go out to the entire list, we want to make sure that the person you are replying to gets your message. Hitting "reply all" makes sure this happens.

Best,
Bill Phelan
3D Moderator

William J. Phelan, IV, Esq.
Special Projects and Technology Coordinator
Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law
American Bar Association
740 15th Street, NW, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20005-1022

T: 202.662.1576
F: 202.442.3439
phelanw at staff.abanet.org<mailto:phelanw at staff.abanet.org>
www.abanet.org/disability<http://www.abanet.org/disability>

---------

[http://www.abanet.org/disability/images/3Dlogo.jpg]

Disability Discussion Docket (3D)
ABA Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law

To leave this list at any time, please send a message to listserv at mail.abanet.org. In the body of the message type "sign off cmpdl-3d."
If you have any questions about 3D or the CMPDL in general, please contact William Phelan at phelanw at staff.abanet.org.