[blindlaw] alimony in Alabama

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 12 01:25:05 UTC 2009

Most of all of the state codes and statutes can be found on www.findlaw.com.
This web site while not having case annotations does have access to the
codes and general information regarding the actual text of statutes is
available there. With changes in the family court laws in most states this
information is most likely accurate as courts generally are shying a way
from awarding alimony payments for a long period of time. There are factors
that determine whether it will be awarded and the terms based on the
specific circumstances of the parties, I.e. length of marriage, income of
parties, employment skills and level of employment of each party, etc. In
cases where it is awarded it is done for a short period of time to allow the
party receiving alimony to use the period in question to become
self-sufficient or develop skills. This is a general overview as I tend to
avoid doing much in the arena of family law.
Chuck Krugman, M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237