[blindlaw] paralegal jobs

Steve P. Deeley stevep.deeley at insightbb.com
Sun May 17 14:33:10 UTC 2009

Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
From: <ckrugman at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [blindlaw] paralegal jobs

I would say that the duties fall in to three main areas. They are legal
research which I usually do on line using various legal data bases depending
on what the hiring attorney uses and provides me access to as I generally am
using their research accounts. This would mean accessing data bases such as
Westlaw or Lexus/Nexus. drafting of documents or letters or documents which
is done on the computer
The third area involves public relations and networking as I am an
independent contractor. This means that I need to sell myself and the
services that I can offer. As much of the work falls outside of the
traditional law job I will meet with various groups or individuals or groups
as with my social work background I do consulting for nonprofit
organizations regarding administrative matters and grant writing or other
types of funding procurement. This also involves assisting with analysis of
proposed legislation and public policy issues. I stay connected with various
elements of the community and provide necessary networking for various
groups or individuals. As my role falls in to a consultant role much of the
time it is difficult to be more specific as much depends on the particular
project.
Chuck