[blindlaw] High-Volume OCR

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:05:42 UTC 2009

The ScanSnap S1500 has a mere 20 sheet per minute rate.  I'll agree
that it sounds like it might not be enough.  Another advantage of the
fi-6140 is that it's got proper SANE drivers.

I don't know if ScanSnap Manager works with a screen reader (if
someone here can tell me that it does, great!)

I use a ScanSnap on the Mac and love it.  If you don't need the 60
sheets per minute scanning, it might be just the tool you need.  Just
remember you're not going to get 60-120 images per minute through OCR
on pretty much any desktop out there.

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!