[blindlaw] West Publishing

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:00:54 UTC 2010

What?  the costs of making a book accessible are excessive.  That is the
problem here.  Where do you get the idea that it is easy? Ah you hear things
like you can make DAISY books in Microsoft Word well pal until you actually
do it, you do not realize how much content goes missing.  All of this free
software that is designed for accessibility misses the mark.  Just look at
what we have now.  Are you happy with accessibility now.  Are we all done,
don't need to do any more work on this, everything is accessible now.

If it were easy everyone would do it.  The problem here is that there are
half a dozen different formats for electronic books, not to mention all of
the free services that create books and each one of them, I repeat each one
of them has to be laid out individually and that means the editors are
editing editions over and over again.  Until this gets standardized onto one
format then publishers can challenge these laws telling them they have to do
it for free.

West publishing owns their book.  Unless you want to seize people's
property, then if they want to sell the product then that is up to them!

James