[blindlaw] pet fee with a guide dog

James Weisberg jimi-law at dc.rr.com
Sun Jun 20 00:39:58 UTC 2010

Correct, they cannot charge for a "pet" deposit for a Guide Dog but you are
liable for any damage the service animal may cause.  I have always just
responded to the question about whether I had a pet when renting or
otherwise by stating "no."  A service animal is not a pet, unless you fly a
particular airline and only until someone challenges their policy.  :)

James