[blindlaw] advice

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Mar 22 17:37:29 UTC 2010

Kathryn :

As another alternative technique, you might try introducing yourself  first, "Hi, I am Kathryn  from American University."  Hopefully, the other person will then emulate your introduction and give you his or her name and organization.

As other have already said, though, using a white cane will help alleviate the issue of identifying with whom you are speaking and would solve other concerns  as well.

Noel nightingale