[blindlaw] Pimp My Cane

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 29 22:48:32 UTC 2010

Oh cut that out.  I was born blind, too, and I don't have insecurities
about injuring someone; I've never been responsible for anyone else's
injury that I didn't mean to, so stop making it personal when I'm
trying to keep it general.  Blindness is *NOT* a liability any more
than clumsiness or large feet.  Having bright red hair can e a
distraction which can cause injury to someone who sees it.  I protest
loudly the idea that blind people, especially high-end, intelligent,
lawyer-type blind people accept the fact that they may injure someone
more readily than a sighted person with two left feet might.  When I
see professionals who are blind accepting this shame instead of
actively working to correct it, I am sad because this attitude will
trickle down to disrupt my life when I do something unconventional.
So knock off that psychology crap, please; I use a guide dog, not a
cane anyway.

Mark BurningHawk
Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
Home:  Http://MarkBurningHawk.net/