[blindlaw] Pimp My Cane

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 30 22:37:55 UTC 2010

Good evening.

Although this thread of conversation began as something quite amuzing and at
least arguably relevant to questions pertaining to alternately colored or
multi-colored travel canes and their compliance with white cane laws it has
evolved into an equally interesting but kokophanous diatribe over how we
perceive one another and how the world perceives as people with blindness or
otherwise low vision. In other words, the conversation is drifting far from
being relevant to a blind lawyers' discussion list for which it is intended.
I recognize, however, that Dave Anddrews has final judgment on this as list
owner/moderator. Perhaps someone should start a philosophy of blindness
discussion list where views like these can be aired and responded to.
Best regards,
Rob Tabor Vice president Douglas county (KS) Chapter NFB