[blindlaw] KNFB READER, AnyoneUsingIt?

M T mtarley at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:49:14 UTC 2010

Hello Roger,
I too use the KNFB Reader and have found it to be an invaluable tool
in everyday reading situations and in the practice of law. I currently
have my own practice, therefore I have to go out to meet clients and
one of the barriers I had to deal with was reading perspective client
paperwork and giving them a legal opinion right then and there. When I
use the KNFB Reader in front of them and show them that I can read
their paperwork right then and there and render them a preliminary
opinion, they are quite impressed. This little device has been
extremely helpful in allowing me to more efficiently practice law.
Other lawyers are impressed as well. It is extremely accurate at
reading not only documents and books but I can take saved documents
that I have on my PC and load them and listen to them while in
transport. It doubles as a cell phone as well which is convenient. It
offers another level of independence and shows others that there is
nothing that blind and low vision individuals cannot accomplish. Also
since you can adjust the speed settings, I am able to read and
assimilate information faster than the average person. So far there
has not been a document that the KNFB Reader has not been able to
process. This device has made a huge difference in my life and I am
confident it will fit your needs. I wish you luck in your endeavor to
acquire one and if you need any assistance, perhaps in composing a
letter to your counselor justifying this purchase, I would be glad to
help you. Best of luck.

Michelle