[blindlaw] KNFB READER, AnyoneUsingIt?

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Tue May 11 19:52:02 UTC 2010

Hello John:

On other lists, I've read about the demise of the Wayfinder; it is NO LONGER
available because VodaPhone WILL NOT produce them anymore.  Current users,
as I understand it, can continue to use it until around October or so.

An alternative to consider is the MobileGEO from CodeFactory, the developers
of MobileSpeak and its many variants.

The MobileGeo ONLY WORKS on phones using the Windows Mobile Operating
system.  A good example would be the HTC Pro or the HTC Ozone.  If you go
with a phone using the Windows Mobile Operating system, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE
to use the KNFB Reader as it has not yet been ported over to that platform.

There are dealers who carry the MobileGeo.  One such dealer is:

www.atguys.com

I bought my MobileSpeak from a guy based in Canada.  He is Aman Singer, and
his EMail address is:

aman.singer at gmail.com

I don't know if he sells the MobileGeo, but he gave me a pretty good price
for the MobileSpeak I bought through him and that's why I am recommending
him for a possible contact.

One other product I've heard about is called Loadstone GPS.  I don't know
much about it, but their website is:

www.loadstone-gps.com

There appears to be quite a number of blind folks using it.  It works on
phones like Nokia running on the Symbian Operating System.  In that wise,
the Nokia N86 will be a great candidate for the Loadstone application.  I am
thinking of giving it a spin too, it is free if memory serves.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado