[blindlaw] Converting PDF files {was Re: In regard to Kaplan testprep and admissions:}

Tom Ladis tom at tomladis.com
Wed May 12 19:15:02 UTC 2010

Robert,

I was finally able to read the text using OpenBook.  It looks like the table
of contents and page numbers do not match up right, so I will ask a sighted
friend to help me figure out where things are off.  Kaplan says that they
sent what they provide as ADA accommodations, but it seems that there are
extra pages for the Mastery series that knock the page numbering off.  It
did not seem to bother her that the page numbers did not match the numbers
used in the class , but as I explained that the class is referencing things
by page numbers, my page numbers will be off.  This is not a perfect world,
but they could do better than this for people who are getting an unknown
product and expecting them to be able to figure things out on their own and
keep up with the rest of the class.

Thank you very much,
Tom