[blindlaw] navigating the FRCPs

Johnston withat at msn.com
Mon Nov 22 04:43:53 UTC 2010

Hello list,

Has anyone learned a quick way of navigating volumes like the FRCPs?  I'm
reading them from a Word document.  So far, I'm able to quickly navigate to
the particular rule using Word's find function, but getting to particular
sections has involved a lot of down arrowing.  If it is section r,
subsection 8, subsubsection j, it takes a while to find.

JAWS has a function (I haven't learned it yet) where the cursor in Word
moves like the pc cursor in a web browser.  Perhaps if the rules, sections,
subsections, etc. were formatted in heading levels, I could more quickly
skip to the desired location.  Has anyone tried this method?

Thanks much.

Jay in Portland