[blindlaw] book requests from publishers

Girmai Kahsai awilusa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 11:58:01 UTC 2010

Yes, publishers such asAspen and Westlaw require the purchase of a book in
print to provide an electronic version. When i was law student until 2009, i
was required to present the receipt of a print book from Aspen or Westlaw
through the disability/student services. once the publishers get the
purchase receipt they send the electronic version either by email or cd to
the student services. it is wise to request to electronic version to be in
text format to make accessible using braille note takers.
regards, Girmai Kahsai