[blindlaw] West Publishing

James Weisberg jimi-law at dc.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 16:20:44 UTC 2010

Listmates:

I have followed this discussion with interests.  I finally had an
opportunity to weigh in with some info on West regarding elecgtronic copies
of their publications although slightly off the original query.  I have a
contact at West, available for anyone interested, who I use when obtaining
materials from West.  They always provide an electronic copy for me along
with the hard copy even if they have to contact someone to have it made up.
No charge.  But most worthy of mentioning, I received easily over four
hundred dollars of new publications for FREE only in electronic format
because I asked if they could get them for me.  They said no problem and
never charged me.  I didn't have the publications in hard copy as I called
to order them and inquire about electronic copies.  Got the electronic
copies for no charge.  Eventually the gravy train ended but I still get any
publication directly from West along with electronic copies for no
additional charge.  Sometimes it may be best to be willing to fork over the
extra cash for a new publication because you never know, you MAY get your
order in electronic format for free and really save some cash!

I agree the publisher is entitled to charge for electronic materials if the
books being sought were not purchased from West.  Common sense.

Best~

James W. Weisberg, Esq.

Law Office of J. William Weisberg

Palm Springs, California

V:  760-992-5114

F:  888-841-1924

E-Mail:  jimi-law at dc.rr.com

Admitted in Wisconsin

Nationwide Practice Limited to Immigration Removal Defense & ADA Advocacy

you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in this message. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from your
system.

This exchange of information does not create an attorney-client relationship
nor does it constitute legal advice. The Law Office of J. William Weisberg
expects the recipient will independently evaluate this information in
accordance with this disclaimer.