[blindlaw] Microsoft built-in screenreader and anti-competition

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Sep 3 11:54:46 UTC 2010

Well, you could be right, but Apple hasn't had anybody for years who wants to write a screen reader.  I think we really have to understand the differences
between the Windows and Apple environments.  I don't think you can assume that there might not be a move by some.

Best regards,

Steve

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:39:33 -0400, Jorge Paez wrote:

>Certainly not.
>Apple does it and hasn't gotten into trouble.

>On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:17 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

>> Good evening,
>>
>> The lead developer of NVDA recently wrote a brief post pondering if Microsoft could be liable for anti-competitive practices if they were to bundle a
built-in screen-reader with its operating system.

>> http://blog.jantrid.net/2010/09/why-cant-microsoft-build-screen-reader.html
>>
>> Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this topic?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Everett Zufelt
>> http://zufelt.ca
>>
>> Follow me on Twitter
>> http://twitter.com/ezufelt
>>
>> View my LinkedIn Profile
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

>Thanks.

>Jorge Paez

>---
>President And CEO:
>Paez Production Networks

>Please note:
>this message may contain confidential and/or classified information.
>Such information is only revealed to the person to whom this communication is directed to.
>If you have received this message in error, please type "error" in the subject line for the reply message and destroy any and all copies of this message
and/or any accompanying media.